Search This Blog

Sunday 22 January 2012

Clocking up the miles

I can't say this forthcoming week is going to be relaxing as my intenerary is:

Monday -  Rochdale

Tuesday - London

Wednesday - Warwick

Thursday - south Kent

Friday - Suffolk

in both meetings, direct client work and site audits.  However, except the London trip, I'm driving due to the remote nature of the destinations.  Talking to clients, we all seem to be travelling more and more.

I know that in the 6 years I've been in business, it was high milage for the first 2, then for 2 I managed to shrink work geographically and now it's back to the high miles.

However the work gets done, but I do think we should be looking towards video conferencing, which many still seem scared of. The technology is there and we should embrace it, such as for training. Later this year I will be teaching surveying students online using quire cheap, yet powerful software. This offers low carbon, low cost, time friendly learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment