Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 February 2012

#CSR - past volunteering, now social media

After reading an excellent article this morning about CSR, it's amazing how many people rely on volunteering staff time or donating money to try and deliver it.

Yes, giving up some time or supporting charities is fine, but when money and resources are tight look at different and FREE ways to deliver CSR.

One way I've done at giving something back is to publish webinars on Youtube at:

www.youtube.com/diemltdtv

It's free and easy to do, plus I can share environmental knowledge, plus support other organisations.

I've also done it for a Client, where using social media could spread a positive message on a topic, without relying on staff resources or costing a great deal of money (it cost them a couple of hours of my time).

We are not talking THX Dolby Surround HD either, I use a "normal" digital camera and software I got with my PC. The only think extra I use is a tripod, which I got free with a Leica Disto.

Relating to ISO 26000 (Guidance on social responsibility) social media can deliver:

  • Understanding social responsibility
  • Principles of social responsibility
  • Engaging stakeholders
  • Giving Guidance on social responsibility core subjects
  • Giving guidance on integrating social responsibility throughout an organization

 

In a voluntary manner with social media being the tool for CSR

So, who not give social media for CSR a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment