Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2012

Professional site fashion

For those who have met me, you'll know that my working attire varies greatly.

When in a client office based environment shirt & tie, for clients who don't wear ties, I dont wear one after a few visits. Seminars & professional meetings I wear a suit. Which brings me to the next option, site clothing...

Today Ive been working at a railway depot doing a waste audit with the ppe rule being safety boots. Now,Im not going to lug my pair of lovely broken in #goretex boots in a bag, so I cleaned them up a bit & wore them for the journey. So, Im wearing safety boots, a fetching DIEM polo shirt & work cargo trousers. Accompanied were a DIEM branded rail orange rucksack & DIEM baseball cap (isnt Vistaprint great!).

So I look like a regular working guy, which I am.

Now, I can enjoy myself in the most lofty company or down Ewood WMC before the game but I have never been looked down at like this trip.

Virgin Trains staff have been great, but my fellow 1st clas passengers haven't. Now this isnt a blog about the working class Blackburn lad done good, its just to say I dont care what Im dressed like! Fellow passengers, you should be glad Ive been working on an offtrack rail depot, not a sewage works!

No comments:

Post a Comment